Thursday, February 27, 2014

Week 16 Thoughts

I left my maternity pants (the only pair I own that is no where close to fitting properly) downstairs in the washer, and I also threw my belly band in that load thinking "Yay! clean maternity clothes..." What I forgot was that I have ZERO energy past 530, so the clothes stayed in the washer. Which brings me to my morning dilemma of getting dressed. Maternity pants? Crap. Belly band!? Nope. Okay. So I figure I'll just wear my regular pants and be a little uncomfortable during the day.

No.

They don't fit. Like, REALLY don't fit. Hmm. Hilarious. I'm laughcrying at this by now (all of my fellow preggos and moms know exactly what I'm talking about.) Thankfully I have ONE (YEP, ONE!) dress that is work appropriate that I could squeeze into for the day. Hilarious. I'm giggling thinking about that morning.

Now I know to only wash my maternity things on the weekends (no matter how gross they are during the week.) I'm excited for the day when I drop food while I'm eating (this happens multiple times a day) and it lands on my belly instead of my pants. I'm sure when this day comes, I'll be wishing I was this small again. You know, typical girl.

Also, my boobs have gotten MASSIVE! And I'm only in month 4. I am screwed. I already don't know what to do with these honkers, and they're just going to keep getting bigger. Fantastic! I polled two of my close friends (who are mommas!) about this situation and what's the best way to remedy it. Both were pretty unsure and hadn't found anything they LOVED yet, so I ventured out to Target on a mission. Buy a bigger bra that will fit for all of two weeks before I have to upgrade again.

So I see a pregnant lady. And I ask.

I know, ridiculous right? But I feel like when you're pregnant, there are no rules on social behavior (please see my post about leaving my pants unbuttoned while I'm at work and forgetting to button them back up when I leave my desk. Oops.)

She says that she just upgraded her size and called it a day.

So that's what I did.

And I'm excited to report that I feel SO much better. or a few weeks.

Kyle has officially said "you definitely look pregnant." It makes my heart happy. I'm a little weirded out by the fact that I have a stomach when I'm standing up (and wearing the proper clothing to show it off) but when I lay down it goes away. WEIRD! I'm sure the day will come when I lay down and BOOM, still there. I'm really comfortable in this pregnancy. I can honestly say it hasn't been what I expected and I'm surprised by how few questions I have. My appointments are super short. I thought I would be totally worried through the entire thing, and I've been pretty chill (well, emotionally I'm a wreck - as in don't tell me I'm pretty unless you're actually looking at me - poor Kyle, I know. He's been such a trooper through my mood swings and multiple cry sessions a day.) I'm really glad I switched providers - I feel like my midwife was the best option for me. She trusts my judgement and respects my instincts as a mother.

Another interesting 'symptom' I'm dealing with is compassion. I'm extremely over compassionate (if that's a thing) and every "Pray for ____ with pediatric cancer" brings me to tears. Insane tears. I want to give them all of our money! I can't imagine what their family is going through. The daily struggle of "am I going to be able to hug my child tomorrow" is devastating. I feel like we have been blessed with SO much that we have to give back where we can. And we have been. UPDATE for Kyle - hey, we've been donating money to these families. ;) I wish there was more. I would hope that if we were in that situation, others would pray for us and help in any capacity they could. #emotionalmomma #cantevenimage

On that note, I will end this completely random rant. :) I am going to love re-reading these years from now when I'm thinking about getting knocked up again. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment