Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 40

How far along? 40 weeks 5 days....



How big is baby? The size of a jackfruit (whatever that is!)


Sorry for the questionable quality - thebump.com has been down for a while so I'm forced to
resort to Google images for my weekly fruit comparison. 
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't gained anything at my last 2 appointments! HOLLA!

Maternity clothes? Meh. I'm living in the same three work outfits (one of which probably shouldn't be worn to work...) My work pants don't fit (because of how low she's dropped) and my maternity shorts are also questionable. 

Sleep: Sleeping well, but in a fair amount of pain when I wake up (in my hands).  Sometimes it's so bad that I can't bend my fingers (or even wiggle them) since they're so stiff. 

Best moment this week: I finally (!) found the Leap Frog Learn and Groove play toy I've wanted for Em! I am SO excited! They stopped making them for quite some time, and they were selling on ebay for over $100. No. As much as I wanted it, I'm not about to shell out that kind of money for a toy for my 6 month old. Sorry. No. I found one a few weeks ago at a consignment sale and it was in terrible shape (and was $20 bucks!) so we passed. It was sad. So I was browsing the Liberty Swap Shop on Facebook and saw it! For $7! I was so excited!! I contacted the seller and we met up in Liberty. It's kind of dirty, but I'm so thankful I didn't have to purchase it brand new, or pay a million dollars for it on ebay. 

I also got a prenatal massage and a mani/pedi. Parts of the massage were REALLY rough and made me super nauseous. I think I was just hot - once I asked her to uncover my feet I was fine again. That's what I get for having an August baby. 

Movement: SUPER active again. :)

Food cravings: Nothing in particular. Milk is always a winner in my book. 

Food aversions: Still loving pretty much everything. 

Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: Irregular contractions. Last night they were roughly every 15 minutes and lasted a minute for a few hours. Then they stopped. Again. Oh life. :) 

Pregnancy symptoms: Too many to list at this point! Pretty much everything I've listed in every post before!!

Belly button in or out? IN! 

What I miss: Being skinny. Not gonna lie. 

What I am looking forward to: Hopefully my daughters birthday this week!!

Upcoming appointments/events: 5 appointments this week! Yep, 5. Now that we're officially past my due date, I'm going to be monitored like crazy. I can't complain though since it's for Em's best interest. Anything to keep her safe. 

Milestones: So much has happened in the past week. Not only have I surpassed my due date, but I have a fun new diagnosis - gestational thrombocytopenia. Essentially this means that I have low blood platelets. I am SO thankful that Kyle and I attended the Bradley Method classes to help us prepare for a natural birth, because it looks like that's what I'm in for - no matter what. I feel like without those classes, Kyle and I would be on two completely different pages, which would be absolutely horrible while in labor. So with an epidural off the table and induction being discussed (I'm not really interested in that at this point, but I may not have an option depending on how low my platelets get) I'm starting to get really nervous. In the case of a c-section we're looking at being completely put under as opposed to just a spinal block, and possibly a transfusion. Scary? Absolutely. I realize that nothing will ever go 100% completely by what we have 'planned,' but I certainly wasn't expecting this big of a bump in the road. I have complete faith in my support system and in my midwife. I also feel like Kyle and I have prepared ourselves with knowledge of our legal options and my rights as a patient. We won't be announcing when I go into labor on Facebook (I don't want that kind of pressure!) but send a little prayer our way for a safe delivery of Emerson Kate if you notice that we've gone radio silent ;) we will certainly need all of the love and support we can get!


No comments:

Post a Comment