Thursday, April 23, 2015

Kitchen Update!

It has been a LONG road to get here. 6 weeks later than expected, and we're still not 100% finished!  But we have a useable space, and that's what matters. I can wash Em's bottles somewhere other than the bathroom sink. Gross, I know. Thankfully we have an amazing contractor and handy man! All that's left is putting shelves in the cabinets, regrouting one tiny spot of tile, painting, and changing out light fixtures! Not too shabby!

I worried over the granite for weeks. Seriously, weeks. I hated it from the second I picked it out. I hated it when we were walking out of the building. I hated it when I was having dreams about how much I hated it. I was a nervous wreck about this stupid granite. Kyle was about over listening to me say how much I hated this granite until he finally said "Kristin, if you hate it so much, which you clearly do, then CHANGE IT!" Oh. Okay. Well. I hadn't thought of that. That's a great idea!! Yeah, I'll just change it.

What I originally picked out.
Too bad the granite I wanted was 4x's the price of what we could afford. Bummer. Insert tears. Because I did cry.

What I wanted
After many (many, many) phone calls, texts, and emails with the granite company owner, I finally picked the granite that now rests in our kitchen! And I have to say, I absolutely LOVE it! I made the right decision. I'm so glad we switched!

What I got




No comments:

Post a Comment