Friday, July 25, 2014

Week 37

How far along? 37 weeks 6 days




How big is baby? The size of a winter melon? I've never heard of such vegetable. I stand corrected. It's actually a fruit until it's mature, but then it is eaten as a vegetable. Um, what!? I don't even know what that means. 



Total weight gain/loss: 38lbs ish I believe. 

Maternity clothes? Same as last week! I still fit into some of my pre-pregnancy shirts and dresses, but I pretty much live in tank tops and shorts. 

Sleep: Meh. Could be better, could be worse. I'm certainly getting tired more easily these days. That's no surprise though!! I wish I could sleep through the night (but I hear that that'll never happen again as long as I'm alive. YAY)

Best moment this week: Getting SUPER close to being finished with her nursery which is an awesome feeling. YES PLEASE! I also spent several hours at labor and delivery this week being monitored and knowing that she's okay is pretty awesome! And spending some time with my sister making pom poms. My amniotic fluid going up!

Movement: Not as crazy as it has been in the past. Kind of a bummer, but I know she's just getting too big in there to move like before. We know she's okay and that's what matters. 

Food cravings: Grapes and club crackers! This has been my dinner of choice for several evenings. I shall take it. 

Food aversions: Not really anti-anything. 

Gender: Still a girl (as my 3 ultrasounds in the past 2 weeks have confirmed). Now watch her turn out to be a he. That would be hilarious, and by hilarious I mean not funny at all. Don't do that Emerson. Not cool.

Labor Signs: YEP! I thought my water was leaking over the weekend (picture walking around Hobby Lobby and all of a sudden thinking you peed your pants). Hilarious. My sister thought the same thing and kept saying "you will NOT go into labor here. Okay?! Not here. HOLD IT IN." Okay. Got it. Apparently her words of wisdom worked because we still aren't holding a baby. Typical.

Pregnancy symptoms: I'm getting rather large, I have stretch marks (although honestly, they could be much worse), my arms have gotten bigger, I get exhausted trying to do pretty much anything, and I'm always ready for a nap!

Belly button in or out? Still in, but a corner is kind of protruding - but it doesn't show through my clothes. Weird, eh? 

What I miss: Sleeping through the night. Not wanting to die of thirst at 10pm. Having the energy to clean (nesting is so not a thing in this household apparently. I went through this freak out phase for the nursery, but now that it's mostly done I'm pretty mellow about everything which means NOTHING gets done.)

What I am looking forward to: Delivering this child! 

Upcoming appointments/events: I've had two appointments this week and a trip to L&D so I'm covered until week 39's appointment. I can't believe it's going so quickly!! I swear EVERYONE said that it would creep by - and it's NOT! Liars!

Milestones: I survived week 37! And Kyle still loves me. I'll consider that as a win!


No comments:

Post a Comment