Thursday, June 12, 2014

Our Announcement

I just realized that I had never posted how we announced our exciting news to the world!! We told a select few and then several family members, but overall, I'm AMAZED at how long we were able to keep that a secret from a majority of people we knew!

I had this vision (I'm sure you're all surprised) for how to announce it on Facebook - because as well all know, nothing is official until it's Facebook official. I had bought the most adorable onsie in the universe that I knew we would incorporate, and I wanted to take it at the beach - because it was February and everyone back home was stuck in 10 inches of snow. We're that hateful :)

This is what we came up with:


Kyle worked his editing magic and I think it turned out great! The water really was that blue! It was stunning. We had originally planned on waiting until we actually landed in KC to post it, but we got really anxious at the airport, and luckily the editing had been completed when we were on board! Smart thinking! So of course Kyle and I turned it into a competition. Classic Kristin and Kyle magic. What's even better is that he totally kicked my ass. In my defense, a TON of my friends ended up liking his picture instead of mine. Rude.  We wanted to see who could get the most likes if we posted it at the same time. Winner, winner chicken dinner. I swallowed my defeat and basked in the glory of all of the happy comments!

We knew that everyone would have questions (and a majority of them would be the same questions) so we did our best to answer them with our post. I am so excited to be on this journey with this man and we couldn't be happier!



No comments:

Post a Comment