Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 20



How far along? 20 weeks and (surprise) 4 days

How big is baby? BANANA sized


Total weight gain/loss: Officially 9 lbs. I shall take it! It's a little scary to see the scale going up to numbers I have never seen before, but I know that my journey has barely begun and I have several (several) more pounds to gain.

Maternity clothes? I've decided to make the switch to maternity pants now. I can still get my regular pants up (and they're still moderately comfortable) but I think it's time. I've made it almost 21 weeks - I need to get go and move on. Thankfully my non maternity shirts still look awesome, so I'll be rocking those for a while :) 

Sleep: Still rocking this like a champ. I'm always tired though. I feel like I'm even more tired now than in my first trimester, but Kyle said he's seen an improvement and my midwife doesn't seem concerned. So I'm not going to worry until I actually fall asleep at my desk. I know I've felt like it several times, but I haven't quite gotten there yet. 

Best moment this week: Picking out our baby's name! She for sure has a name (and a few nicknames to boot! Like little ass kicker. Any one get the reference?) I guess I just ruined the gender question. Whoops. We also had another ultrasound - and seeing her was awesome! especially since she was so all over the place (I may have had a half can of coke before our appointment - I was NOT taking a chance that little miss was going to be asleep and we wouldn't find out the sex.)

Movement: Oh definitely. She's a little gymnast! All over the place. She's not as active during the day, but she really lets me know when she's awake at night. 

Food cravings: No real cravings this week. I've been having a bit more of a sweet tooth lately, and egg rolls sound awesome, but that's about it. 

Food aversions: Nothing. I'm happy that I haven't really had any of that through this pregnancy.

Gender: GIRL!! 

Labor Signs: .

Pregnancy symptoms: I'm emotional. Oh lordy am I hormonal. I am thankful for the love of a patient man who loves me unconditionally. 

Belly button in or out? Still looks the same to me.

What I miss: Nothing this week. I'm really content!

What I am looking forward to: Getting more baby girl things. I was so convinced I was having a girl, I hadn't really been passionate about buying girl things. I went through our girl clothing stash and we have a good start, but not nearly enough to clothe this child (to my liking!) One of my favorite finds has been at the Salvation Army - they have their baby clothes for 50% off for the month of March. Yes please! I've been able to find some amazing steals!! And it's almost garage sale season. BRING IT ON! I am not one of those people who needs to have new clothes for my child - I love hand me downs, thrift stores, and consignment stores! Feel free to keep that in mind if you wanted to buy little miss any presents!

Upcoming appointments/events: I'm excited to announce her name!!

Milestones: A little over halfway done!! This is flying by! If only I could decide on a nursery color scheme... 


1 comment:

  1. I like the nickname! But want to know the real name!

    ReplyDelete