Saturday, December 7, 2013

Bargains. The Story.


Kyle and I decided to extend our family, and after only two months, we conceived! Pretty insane! We thought it would take longer. Much longer. But it didn’t. Kyle and I had talked about my cycle being late so Kyle decided to head to Target (duh) to get a pregnancy test. He was so sweet about it, and even gift wrapped it for me. Showing off his present wrapping skills. I kind of blew this off thinking that there was no way it was going to be positive and wanted to prolong the sadness as long as possible. I planned on taking it in the morning since I knew my hormone levels would be higher then. BUT Ky had other plans. He insisted that I take it that evening – so I did. Let me just say, psyching yourself up to take that test is intense. SO many thoughts ran through my head – what if it was positive? What if it was negative? What if it was multiples? Where are they going to go to college!? AM I GOING TO LIKE THEIR SPOUSES!? No joke. Grandkids even popped into my mind. I’m insane. I know. I was going to wait the entire 3 minutes, but lasted the 1.5 it takes to brush my teeth. 

Almost an immediate positive. What.

Yep. Positive. It had a YES and a +. What. I’m pregnant.

Shit.

Even though it was totally planned, it’s scary! Completely scary. I’m already neurotic – add in some ridiculous hormones and mood swings – there’s NO way Kyle will stick around for that craziness. 

I always envisioned this super adorable way of telling him, but that went right out the window as soon as I comprehended what was happening. Honestly, all I remember saying to him was “pregnant” and giving him the test. I’m sure there were other words (at least I hope there was) but I couldn’t tell you what they were.

Obviously we’re super excited (but I must say, Kyle actually SLEPT that night, so he clearly was not on my level ;) ) and can’t wait for more information. Mostly I’m thinking about my grandchildren. Apparently I have a ways to go. Rude. 

I will try my darndest to update often, but who knows how consistent I’ll be. We shall see!! Maybe even Kyle will blog his side of things (i.e. OMG THIS BEEZY IS CRAY CRAY!) Really. I’m waiting for it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment