Sunday, December 1, 2013

Championship

I'm not uber into playing sports, which means I never have any kind of award or championships under my belt - by Kyle and I changed that. We are in a phase of trying new mom and pop restaurants (which we love!) and we wanted to try this cafe called Woodsweather. A co-worker of Kyles had recommended it. So one Saturday, off we went!

I'm not a foodie blogger like Ky, so I will spare you all of the details that he would give you and I'll go into my point of this post.

I am a champion.

No, really. I was at a complete loss looking at the menu. Everything looked good but one thing stood out to me. The Big Boss. Um. Yes. Thank you.

The waitress had recommended it, but mentioned that I would not be able to finish the whole thing. She then proceeds to ask the gentlemen who were sitting next to us (i.e. three burly looking men who clearly know their way around plates) what the thought of the Big Boss. They claimed that they loved it, but again, they said they knew for a fact there was no way I could finish this beast of a mean.

Bring it.

At this point, the couple sitting in the booth behind us chimes in - they also know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to finish it.

I hear a challenge.

So it became a whole restaurant event. It seemed like everyone was in on this.

Then the food came out. Let me explain what Big Boss is: 2 sausage patties, hash browns, 2 eggs (over easy was my preference) and cheese piled high on Texas toast, topped with their homemade sausage gravy. Anyone else want to go out for breakfast?

Anyway, I'm starting to panic a little. I've been talking myself up, but what if I really can't finish it!? That would be embarrassing.

I'll go ahead and cut to the chase - I totally finished it and with a pleasant surprise, they let me sign my name on the wall. :) I'm sure they do that with every girl who challenges herself to eat herself into a coma, but I still felt special.


My massive beast of a breakfast.

Celebrating eating 4x's the amount of food I should have eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment