Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Facebook Name Reveal pt. 2

The actual reveal.

In order to 'punish' Kyle for forcing me against my will to announce our child's name, I made him post a hilarious joke name first. He wasn't too happy about it, but played along (just like I had to with his post.)

So after several hours of brainstorming (and many hours and work staring at my computer screen thinking 'it shouldn't be this hard to fake name your baby!') we came up with the PERFECT joke name.


So lets sound it out - Stellavae Deal. Stellava Deal. One more time - Steal of a Deal. 

Isn't Kyle's handwriting pretty? 
Anyone? No one? Sounds like our Facebook post. It totally backfired on me. While Stella is an ADORABLE name, it is just awful with Vae as a middle name and Deal as a last name. We would be begging for our kid to be picked on. 

I could NOT stop laughing once it was posted. Laughing so hard I was crying. Kyle just kept asking "can I go ahead and post the real name? Hasn't it been long enough? This is embarrassing." Hilarious? Yes. I am STILL giggling on the inside about it.

93 likes later - we announce it was a joke. I'm surprised that more people didn't get the joke. Once we sounded out the name, people were laughing along with us (as well and annoyed that we even joked about it in the first place.) Here are some of my favorite responses:


Tyler was in on it. 

Clearly.

Megan thought it was pretty genius.

No really, I did. Her girl name is Stella. I guess I owe her cookies ;)

Jenni was in on it too ;) Her husband (KK) was not. Juuuust kiiiiddding :)

And here is our REAL name reveal:

108 likes. It BARELY beat Stella's joke name. Sillies. 


 All joking aside, we truly do love her name and we can't wait for her to get here! Bring it on AUGUST!!



No comments:

Post a Comment