Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gender Reveal

As soon as we found out I was pregnant, my mind directly went to GENDER REVEAL! (I hate this term because it is so grossly inaccurate [thank you Human Sexuality requirement in college] but what else am I supposed to call it? Sex Reveal? No. That sounds like I'm having a sex change operation. Gender reveal sounds prettier. So that's what we're going with. We didn't even find out the sex while we were at the appointment! That was a challenge. I was totally cool with not finding out until it was right there in front of me. I WANTED TO KNOW! But we held back. AKA Kyle was the one who held back, and made me stay on his side.

My high school friend Whitney offered to take pictures for us and we picked the perfect location!

Let me back up. I've been searching Pinterest for almost a year now for reveal ideas, and everything seemed to involve cake, or a box of balloons, and while we all know how much I LOVE balloons - it just wasn't want I wanted. I wanted something a little more unique. Ice cream reveal! Cool. So how do we do this? Let's have it at our favorite ice cream shop in Olathe! Genius!! They make all of their ice cream fresh every day and have some of the best flavors we have ever heard of! We love them.

We had a plan.

So let's fast forward - we had this plan, and I waited until the last second to call the shoppe to make sure that it was okay we did this and to verify that they would have a purple ice cream and a blue ice cream (I am not a traditional pink and blue fan) on that specific date. So I call and talk to a young male sales associate. They will not have either color on that date. WHAT!? (instant tears) My life is over. Cancel the party, there shall be no balloons, and I'm never eating ice cream again. Yep, that dramatic. So I'm super upset and text my coworker about my ruined life and I might as well quit my job. She happens to mention "why don't you use some sort of sprinkles with a plain ice cream." GENIUS! Why didn't I think of that? Oh, probably my hormones.

I call the store back and I'm speaking with the manager. She states that they don't have sprinkles that are color coordinated (um, what?) and I explain my predicament. AND she comes to my rescue! She has a grandbaby on the way and is completely supportive and understanding. She assures me that there will be both types of ice cream on the day of the reveal. YES! Amazing! I am forever thankful for her.

Our day was wonderful! I was lucky enough to spend the morning with my baby sister and we ran to get balloons at Party City. No, not the Party City that was right by our ice cream location - the one a few miles away. Sillies. Thank you GPS! Overall, I couldn't have asked for better company when it came to realizing that our little Bargain and a baby GIRL.


Best 'waitress' ever! She was as into it as we were. She even sent my mom a text so she could know before we found out.









Made fresh daily. Hilarious!



No comments:

Post a Comment