Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Week 22

How far along? 22 weeks! 

I know, I'm getting large. 

How big is baby? The size of a papaya!!



Total weight gain/loss: 12ish-30ish pounds. I'll let you know on Tuesday.

Maternity clothes? Yep. I've been able to get away with wearing my non maternity shorts out and about, but my t-shirts are snug and ride up. It looks weird, and certainly is not fashionable. This girl doesn't care. I also tried to buy maternity underwear today (who knew that underwear would get so uncomfortable!?) and Target definitely doesn't sell it. Lame. Anyone have an experience with this? Just go up a size? 

Sleep: Staying strong! Sleeping through the night. I go to the bathroom (which is thankfully two feet away from our bed) right before sleep, and climbing over Kyle has gotten to be quite the challenge. I'm sure he's waiting for the day I stumble and fall on him, rendering him paralyzed for the rest of his life. I keep saying we're going to switch sides, but we'll see. Hasn't happened yet. Stay tuned for week 23.

Best moment this week: Finishing the nursery painting! I really wanted to get it done this weekend, so when I got home on Friday, I promptly planted myself in the nursery and didn't leave (with the exception of potty breaks) until it was finished. I totally was paying for it the rest of the weekend though. Holy soreness.

Movement: I can definitely tell when she's awake and when she's sleeping. Totes adorbs (I'm embarrassing her already! You are most welcome Ems!)

Food cravings: Nothing really. Still content with whatever.

Food aversions: Surprisingly, still nothing.

Gender: As far as I know, Emmy is still a girl. 

Labor Signs: .

Pregnancy symptoms: I'm tired. I make the coolest noises when I'm attempting to stand up, as well as sitting down, or bending over, or even just hanging out. FUN! Probably still really grouchy most of the time.

Belly button in or out? In!

What I miss: People not criticizing me for what I eat (or in my case what I don't eat). Lame.

What I am looking forward to: Putting the nursery furniture together on TUESDAY! It's like, practically here.

Upcoming appointments/events: Nothing too exciting (I feel like I say this often).

Milestones: Nursery has been painted! WHA-HOO! and the furniture is put together!! Kyle and I were putting everything in the room and figuring out how to make it work in there while there's a full size bed in there. I'm happy to report we have success!! Holla :) 

I did have one minor (major) scare last week. I was sitting at my desk and all of a sudden I got really nauseous - not like how I do when I don't eat, but something completely different. Then I got SUPER dizzy and couldn't keep my head up - please note that I has eaten and wasn't laying down, or getting up too fast - typically things you would expect with those symptoms. I then started sweating REALLY bad (it was so gross) and I laid my head down at my desk while my heart rate kept increasing. Ugh. It was absolutely miserable. My coworker took me down to the Wellness Center (perks of working in a hospital) and they did an EKG, BUT they weren't able to catch the arrhythmia on the scan because I waited too long to get down there. Probably because I couldn't walk. Totes embarrassing. She said that the next time it happens to call 911 (again, embarrassing) because they could bring the EKG machine to me, and the Wellness Center couldn't. I called and left a message for my midwife. The nurse didn't seem concerned, but after she talked to the midwife she said that she could put in a referral to a cardiologist for me if I wanted. Meh. No thank you. I think it has to do with how the baby is positioned. I'm not a doctor, but it didn't feel like a heart issue. I have an appointment on Tuesday, so we'll see how to proceed from there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment